Monday, May 3, 2010

HALF AWAKE IN A FAKE EMPIRE

From the perspective of a truly annoying Monday, here's what made my boring, lonely weekend somewhat less boring and lonely:

Final Fantasy (Owen Pallett), The Carpet Brothers, a new Mystery Science Theatre 3000 boxed set, Destroyer reissues, the new issue of NYLON, driving with both windows down, Dum Dum Girls, water, Liz Lemon, playoff hockey (the Bruins game was great, love seeing the Flyers lose), Capri Sun, Gnarles Barkley's The Odd Couple (surprised how much I like it since I was not a fan of the first record), hand-feeding my cat some ham, The Alisters Set, saturday morning (my favorite time of the week), the season finale of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, the song 'i'maman' by Jobriath, Twitter, and driving around in the late PM listening to The National.

2 comments:

  1. "Slow Show" always makes me think of the book "The Time Traveller's Wife" but NOT the movie. That movie was TERRIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not read or seen it, but I did hear that the movie was pretty awful. The National are a perfect band to be contentedly optimistic to.

    ReplyDelete