Monday, February 8, 2010

SUNSET IN ST. TROPEZ

I was looking at my old online journal and seven years ago today I heard a lady at a library say: "well, i read one of her books everyday, i just started." The lady was referring to Danielle Steel. Haha! I love that. Every day? I hope she has 2,555 (give or take, adjust for leap year) books, or that lady has had to find a new author. Try James Patterson, or that other guy that wears battleship hats. I really do wonder what that lady is reading now, maybe she's moved on to Harlan Ellison or Oscar Wilde. I wish I had the time to read a book every day, I doubt I'd go for DS, but I've got plenty of stuff waiting. Anthony Bourdain, I'll learn of yr kitchen confidentialities soon, and there's a certain Chekov short story I've been meaning to re-read for months now.
I'm jealous of that lady, I guess I could be reading right now, but a lunch hour is barely enough time to finish anything. Maybe I'll forgo my endless repeats of 30 Rock for the written word...but that doesn't sound probable.

No comments:

Post a Comment