Saturday, July 11, 2009

BUICK SKYLARK

Yes, hello, it's been a while. Here's the news.

After breaking up with my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years, and leaving the apartment we shared for the last year, I've moved back to my hometown. Back to the internetless house where I grew up and now spend my time listening to music, watching movies and thinking of get-rich-quick schemes. You know like the dude from Creed? Scott Stapp? Oh, you didn't hear? Yeah, right before Creed was supposed to like record their debut record or something he spent all their money on like, a pyramid scheme. I have to assume it was internet based, I don't see him thinking he can get rich selling figurines to octogenarians door-to-door...but that's neither here nor there.

So that's me right now, living back at home, no internet access, no girlfriend.
However, I am an optimist, so here are some things that make life rad:

Sonic Youth: For some reason once I got back home I dug 'Evol' out of my closet, I probably haven't listened to this record since I got it, like, 3 years ago? This set off a wave of Sonic Youth obsession...it's like some of the most pure and inspiring music ever. I don't know why I didn't like that record at first...I was lame.

Step Brothers on dvd: I saw this movie in the theatre and loved it, but at home I can't watch it without the audio commentary on, which is actually a musical commentary. In the age of bs a.d.d. and people with no attention spans, this kind of commentary rewards people with patience...or with an s-load of time on their hands.

Summer: I've always hated summer, I get sweaty, probably faster than anyone ever, but this year I'm kind of into it. At work it sucks, but everything at work sucks, so I can't hold that against it. I'm not real big on the days being crazy long either, but not being completely miserable is a big step.

My Book: I'm writing a book and I love it and I at least had to mention it so screw you! Does 40 pages count as a novel?

Assorted Other Stuff: Louis C.K. 'Chewed Up', Crystal Antlers, The Mighty Boosh, the new Deerhunter ep, So Many Dynamos, chicken sandwiches, 'Major Tom' by Peter Schilling, Walk Hard, Gore Vidal on Bill Maher, Brian Eno, backroads, Ceremony, Jay Reatard...

So yeah, that's it, I should go because I used to work at this library I'm sitting in and I hate it.

1 comment: